Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fine Dining

I know I've posted about this before, but I really think it's so important to know the proper formal table setting! It's so important to have knowledge of this during business dinners, formal gatherings, weddings, and even when eating at a nicer restaurant! 



Here's an example! 

What manners do you think are most important when it comes to fine dining? Have a great day! 

Miss Southern Prep 

P.S. I'm currently taking requests for posts, so if there's something you want me to post about, please email me at misssouthernprep [@] gmail dot com.

Photo: 1, 2

11 comments:

  1. it's always good to know which fork goes where :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No talking when you are eating/chewing..napkin always on your lap, knowing what utensils to use for what dish. Good manners count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that drawing on interest! It's such a helpful guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm not good and setting tables and I love to have dinner parties, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother insisted that I knew how to properly set a table and I am so glad she did!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I've learned it over and over, I 'm always wondering if I'm using the proper utensils at the proper time! I think etiquette regarding behavior is really important for dinner parties (for example, not eating until everyone is served and the host has started, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Table setting and eating is the MOST important thing you can teach a child---that and writting thank you notes. Did you see my post about painting a table setting to hang in the kitchen or dinning room? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with you! I'm surprised at how many college students don't know how to react at a formal table. Great diagram!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading this post when you did it the last time... I always forget where the utensils go so this is insanely helpful. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this the first time you posted it. I printed it as a quick reminder.. Thanks for putting it up here again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Besides using good manners at dinner, I think it is equally important to send a little thank you not for the dinner. Not an email, not a text, but an actual thank you note!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!