Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beauty Review

I hope all of y'all had a fabulous weekend and Monday off (if you were lucky)! Today, I thought I'd do a review of some recent beauty products I've tried. 


I saw this product in the new InStyle (I think), and went on the hunt for it! I've definitely cut-down on the amount that I straighten my hair, but I still worry about damaging it, so I thought I would try this product out! I found it at Target on sale for $4, and I love it! Although I couldn't find it for sale online, I saw some left at Target when I went yesterday. 


I picked this lip balm up at Nordstrom over Christmas break, with high hopes. I usually love Bobbi Brown, and she definitely didn't disappoint. I wanted a small chapstick to carry in my school bag, but I don't like anything that's too glossy or has color, so this is perfect! 


For the past few years, I had been using expensive salon shampoo that was sulfate-free, but I thought I'd give these two products a try, and they are just as good, if not better! They're also a fraction of the price, at around $7 each! 


My lips get a little dry during the winter, so I bought a huge tub of Vaseline, and rub some on my lips and elbows before I go to bed to keep them from getting dry. It sounds so gross, but it works so well! I'd definitely recommend it! 



I tried this Tresemme Dry Shampoo, and it was absolutely terrible. I hated the smell, and it left white patches and white flakes in my hair. I would definitely not recommend using this! After this disaster, I went to Ulta, and one of the employees recommended this Salon Grafix dry shampoo. Let me tell you, it's amazing! I love it! And best of all, it's only $7! 

Are there any great new beauty products you've tried recently? I'm always looking for recommendations, so I'd love to hear some of your suggestions! Have a wonderful day! 

Miss Southern Prep 

12 comments:

  1. I use Vaseline on my lips too. Super moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE the tresemme dry shampoo. I had heard good things about it so when my Pssst dry shampoo ran out, I decided to try the tresemme. I've tried to use it several times and I'm extremely disappointed. The pssst works pretty well, but I end up having to wash my hair to remove the grey residue or because my hair still looks greasy after using the tresemme. I'm gonna look for that overnight treatment, I have only good things to say about the EverPure shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips. I love hearing what other people have tried and like. I can't wait to go buy the dry shampoo. I've been wanting to try it out for awhile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a hair stylist I was a huge dry shampoo fan! But I found I have such sensitive skin that it made me break out...all of the fragrance and chemicals. I started just sprinkling a little cornstarch at my roots (very little) and brushing it untill it is not longer white. works great! Thanks for your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use vaseline for my lips all the time, its great! And I need a product for when I straighten my hair, I will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the tiresomee dry shampoo, it never quite gets the job done! I have found that I love the Psssst dry shampoo and the name is just too cute. I also read that you can use Vaseline as a quick fix to temporarily mend split ends by rubbing a little bit on the end. I have never tried it, but I would be interested to know the results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge vaseline-lip fan, it never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vaseline is one of my favourite beauty products...it can be used for so many things! FYI- I usually write about a beauty product on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've recently started putting Vaseline around my eyes at night (per the suggestion of some other bloggers), and in just a few days, under my eyes the skin was much more firm and less puffy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I HATE THE TRESSEME DRY SHAMPOO TOO! I was so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, the Tresseme dry shampoo is awful. I tried it like literally the first week it was on the shelves, I was pumped that cheaper lines were making dry shampoo and it did not work. I was hoping they had redone the formula since then, but apparently they haven't!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!