Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why, thank you!

Let me start off by saying, I love, love, love giving and receiving handwritten thank you notes. I love looking for cute (usually monogrammed) stationery. I think sending handwritten notes says a lot, and it shows the recipient that you appreciated his or her thoughtfulness. I've found a few really cute stationery sets for $1 or less at Michael's and the dollar section at Target, so it doesn't need to be expensive! Here are a few designs I love: 







Do you love giving an receiving handwritten thank-yous as much as me? Where do you buy your stationery? 
_________________________________________

On Tuesday, I was tagged by Emily from Classes, Cases, and Chaos to do a fun little questionnaire. Emily and I have expanded our blogger buddy relationship to emailing, and she is just the sweetest! Thanks so much for tagging me, Emily!


#1. You must post the rules. 
#2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post. 
#3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
#4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
#5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Eleven fun facts about me:
-I wear a David Yurman bracelet and DY ring every single day.
-I have two precious puppies, and I miss both of them when I'm at school. 
-My dream job is to work in investment real estate. 
-I'm a Communications major. 
-I go to Starbucks almost every day (yikes!). 
-I want to visit Santorini, Greece SO badly! 
-One of my favorite foods is Mac&Cheese. My dad makes the BEST homemade mac&cheese EVER! 
-I am a terrible cook, but I hope to become better before I get married haha! 
-I'm addicted to Diet Coke. 
-I love, love, love my Crackberry and it almost never leaves my hand. 
-I would love to live in Charleston one day! 
Questions from Emily: 
1. Exact (word for word) coffee order?
A Venti Iced Nonfat Vanilla Latte 
2. What do you wish you would have been named?
I love last names for first names, and I love the name Carter. 
3. Favorite Fiction Book?
Love the One You're With 
4. Best 90s Song?
"Hit Me Baby One More Time"--gotta love old school Britney! 
5. Favorite Type of Workout
  The treadmill--I put it on the highest incline and walk at 3.4 mph. It's such a good workout! 
6. What age was your awkward phase...and what made it awkward?
I would say 6th grade. I wasn't as fashionable, and I had braces and glasses! 
7. Go To Bible Verse?
My favorite is Corinthians 13:4-8--I want it read at my wedding! 
8. When Someone Asks Me: "Does this make me look fat?" (and it does) what do you say?  
       I think I would say, "Hmmmm, I don't think it's very flattering." And then I would point out   the reason I don't like it, but I would NEVER say it made someone look fat. 
9. Least Favorite Candy?
Reese's cups 
10. Coke or Pepsi? 
COKE
11. What is the best way to end a day?
      I love changing into leggings and a sweatshirt, and then curling up on the couch with my favorite blanket to watch any of the Real Housewives. 
I loved Emily's questions, so I'm going to keep them the same and tag any of my readers that want to participate! Please leave me a comment saying you did this, I'd love to learn more about you! 
Have a wonderful Wednesday! 
Miss Southern Prep 

12 comments:

  1. I love personalised stationary! Love that you're addicted to Diet Coke, too. Investment real estate sounds like a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handwritten thank you notes are a social grace that should never be forgotten! I love writing and receiving thank you notes. And I just love picking out stationery, either for myself or for a gift. I, too, love last names as first names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love writing and receiving handwritten thank you cards (not to mention choosing new stationary, I write them often so I can buy new replenishments..lol) There simple is no replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you's are required & I love receiving them in the mail. I buy stationary anywhere I find something I like. For personalized I go to American Stationery-it's inexpensive and good quality. For someone newly engaged I love to buy personalized stationery and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered a new set of thank you cards, you can never have enough with Summer internships and jobs coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to order new thank you cards. You posted some great ones, thanks for the helpful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled you stopped by my blog & actually read it! :) Thanks!! Ps. LOVE all of those note cards you posted! I'm a sucker for buying note cards ALL the time! TJMaxx always has a great stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just did this same type of post the other day and here are my favorites:http://prepinyourstep.blogspot.com/2012/01/stationary.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. After writing countless thank you notes after our December wedding, we (surprisingly) really enjoyed writing to friends, and are looking to get some personalized notecards. Love the blog!

    Erin & Andrew Dodson
    www.erinandreweverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hand written notes! I buy my stationary at Crane - love their clean look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I love the second stationery that says both "Thank You" and has the name listed!

    Also, we have lots in common (surprise, surprise!)--mac-n-cheese is also one of my faves and I, too, would love to live in Charleston!

    PS--I know we talked about doing a meet-up last year, now that I'm in Richmond full-time would you be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank-you notes are my favorite! I also love writing and receiving hand written notes... they mean so much to me! I look forward to reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!