Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Parent Trap

As I've said before, I love looking at real estate, and I could look at photos of homes all day! Being the real estate junkie that I am, I drool over homes in movies that I love, and I love learning about the real homes that were used in movies.

One home I love, love, love is Elizabeth's London townhouse in The Parent Trap! It's fabulous!



From the street, the house is gorgeous! 


I love all of the framed pictures and painting in the hallway! And the burnt orange color is so warm and inviting.




I love the molding and built-in bookshelves. 


I love Elizabeth--she's so chic!

 Interested in purchasing this home? It was listed for sale in May 2010 for a cool 18 million dollars!



What movie homes do you love? Have a wonderful day! 

Miss Southern Prep 
*All photos courtesy of Hooked on Houses 

15 comments:

  1. 18 MILLION?! Oh man. I do love the house, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love this movie,it's really funny,but my favourite movie is Lord of the rings,love this new movie In time,The Prestige etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie! I had forgotten how much I loved the house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look at homes in movies and dream about owning one. Then I snap back to reality quickly when I see the price tag lol. I am currently living in an apartment and have to be out by september so the hunt is on or a house and I am completely failing as I search. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED that house too!!! Soooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that house and am guilty of watching parent trap every time I see it on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following my blog! That house is beautiful. I think the fact that it's located in London makes it even that much more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZA! What an awesome palace!

    xo Nav
    http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous house. The house I've always wanted is the beach house from Somethings Gotta Give.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. That is a great house. I liked Dennis Quiad's house in that movie too...I mean vineyard. Anyhow currently my favorite movie home is Jane's house in It's Complicated. TO DIE FOR! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the foyer--that orange and all the pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't agree more! This film is one of my all time faves - the town house is simply stunning, mind you the vineyard house isn't too shabby either :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the foyer! I love creeping on homes in movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! $18 million. I have to admit I love the original Parent Trap so much I have never watched the remake or wanted too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!