Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pencil Me In

Right now I'm in the process of applying for an internship for next semester, so of course I've been heavily browsing J. Crew, Saks, and Nordstrom for some lovely work clothes. I love the jackets, the fitted trousers, and powerhouse suits, but something I just can't get enough of are pencil skirts! They are so classic and polished, I'm obsessed! Here are some that I can't stop obsessing over:


Alice + Olivia Simpson Slim Skirt



LOVE this J.Crew in Decadent Red



Nanette Lepore Pinot Noir 



Halogen Seamed Pencil Skirt in Yellow Raisin 



J.Crew Cotton Pencil Skirt in Mauve Morning 

If only I could convince my parents that I need every single one of these....Hope you have a fabulous day! 

Miss Southern Prep

13 comments:

  1. I'm with you... I definitely need these in my closet... even thoughhhhh I don't have a job yet- haha! I tried to tell my mom I needed work clothes "to prepare for the future".. I mean I will be graduating soon haha! All of your picks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pencil skirts are timeless, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the idea of a bright pencil skirt to make a professional outfit pop. Good luck with everything! It can be such a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cannot get enough pencil skirts....ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jcrew's work clothes make getting up and dressed for work seem fun and easy! LOVE that red pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them, but it seems like they only look good on really skinny girls-plus, I have nowhere to wear them lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pencil skirts as well! They're very classy and comfortable. The J.Crew one in Decadent Red is my favorite on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you...I love a great pencil skirt! It's so chic and fashionable. Makes a statement when you're interviewing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all lovely but the first is my favorite. I love pencil skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are not the only one. Love LOVE LOVE pencil skirts.

    www.geekettegazette.com
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. a really good pencil skirt is a great piece to own...i love the look

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love pencil skirts. They are so class and feminine.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. From someone with interns working for her...dress you age, appropriate but young and fun. Think J.Crew pencil skirts with fun print tops and cardigans. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!