Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer Beauty Essentials



Summer Beauty Essentials


Summer Beauty Essentials by Miss Southern Prep featuring ralph lauren sunglasses




~Wired--I straighten my hair almost every schoolday during the fall winter, and about half of the week during the spring, so during the summer I give my wavy hair a break and embrace the curls. I think it's important to give your hair a straightening break, because with the sun and chlorine, hair becomes even more dry during the summer. I LOVE Wired for my curly hair--it's not as expensive as some products, has a wonderful smell, and lasts all day!



~Neutrogena Sunscreen--Sunscreen is a MUST! I always wear at least 40 SPF, but usually 70!



~Burt's Bees Lip Balm--I love Burt's Bees, and this lip balm is great and adds a bit of color to your lips!



~Oversized Sunglasses--I don't want to have to Botox by 30, so I always wear oversized sunglasses to protect my eyes!



~Bobbi Brown Waterproof Mascara--I could never leave the house without makeup, but I tone it down and keep my makeup more simple during the summer. I love this waterproof mascara, because it doesn't come off in the pool, but it's simple and makes my lashes look great!



~Neutrogena Body Scrub--Sometimes sunscreen mixed with working out, and the stickiness of the summer makes me get a few breakouts on my shoulders and back, but since using this, I have almost no breakouts, ever!



~Nail Polish--I'm partial to OPI, but no matter what your preference, I think it's important to always have your nails and toes painted in a fun, summery color!



~Proactiv Refining Mask--Sometimes my pores get clogged from the sunscreen, so as soon as I see a blemish pop up, I put a little dab on this overnight, and it's so much better in the morning.



~Water--I always have a Tervis Tumbler filled with water, because I think it's so important to stay hydrated during the summer heat! It also helps skin stay refreshed and hydrated!



~John Frieda Go Blonder Spray--I use to use Sun-In, but I think this is much gentler on my hair and works better!



~Neutrogena Natural Glow--I love the way this lotion gives me a glow that doesn't look fake or orange.


What other summer essentials do you love? Have a fabulous Friday!

Miss Southern Prep

20 comments:

  1. great list of summer beauty essentials! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes, to all of this!! I love colored lip balm, I'm a fan of the Mary Kay kind, but that's just because I sell it. Thanks for the curly hair product, I need a new one for this summer, I do exactly what you do as well in the warmer months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a great list!! I used to use the John Frieda blonde spray but now I get highlights. It was a great alternative though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try the lightening spray for my hair!! Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I love my Pur Essentials 4-1 foundation powder. As you are well aware, I live in South Florida and work out in this heat (outdoors) twice a week. My makeup NEVER runs and always still looks fabulous after an hour of sweating (which is important because immediately after workout, I have to go back to work without a shower ...yes, gross, but you do what you have to do when you're a working mom and needing to stay fit). But I digress. Everyone always compliments saying how on earth my makeup stays put. It's because it's not liquid and full coverage!
    Have a fab weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Neutrogena is my go-to sunscreen as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the list!! It's always so much fun to see what products people use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Tervis tumbler!! I also think big sunglasses and nail polish are necessities in the summer! I'll have to check out that mascara too..I always end up with make up running down my face when I decide to get in the pool with the kiddies, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with all of these! Natural Glow is my favorite self-tanner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list of summer essentials! I completely agree. Does Natural Glow really work?!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this list! Such great items. I have a lot of the same items on my summer list.. sunscreen, Tervis tumbler, OPI nail polish.. all my favorites! I always use curling gel on my hair (or else it's so frizzy) but I haven't tried Wired before. I'll have to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been using that lotion again! Hopefully it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes love this list! agreed on sunscreen, tervis tumbler, burts bees and jergens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to try that Bobbi Brown mascara. I also need to start using Jergens Natural Glow, since I don't get to lay out as much as I'd like.

    Great list.
    Julie. littlepinkrainboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great roundup! I've wanted to try the Go Blonder, but have been afraid it would make my hair too light too quickly. Glad to hear you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great summer products. I used some of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the proavtiv refining mask it really can clear up your skin overnight!! I also let my hair go wavy in the summer and never leave home without my tervis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect list.

    Completely agree about the sunscreen. I never leave home without it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! I need to try the mascara! I love to wear some makeup at the pool/beach but in the summer it just melts!

    Also, I LOVE OPI -- reminds me I need to get a pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have almost all of these! OPI in Strawberry Margarita? Yes, please! Definitely ruin my monogrammed Tervis at the beach this week.. do NOT get sunscreen on yours, or it will make it cloudy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!